Hello! Merry X-Mas to all 🙂
I am very happy to be in the position to announce the newest addition to my projects: HoneyDrive (Desktop).
What is it? Here is a brief but informative description:
HoneyDrive is a virtual appliance (OVA) with Xubuntu Desktop 12.04 32-bit edition installed. It contains various honeypot software packages such as Kippo SSH honeypot, Dionaea malware honeypot, Honeyd low-interaction honeypot and more. Additionally it includes useful pre-configured scripts and utilities to analyze, visualize and process the data it can capture, such as Kippo-Graph, Honeyd-Viz, and much more. Lastly, many other helpful security, forensics and malware related tools are also present in the distribution.
The latest version (0.1) of HoneyDrive Desktop (aka Santa edition), which was officially released on December 26, 2012 will be hosted at SourceForge.net. The appliance (around 2.7GBs in size) has been uploaded and you can get it from this project link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/honeydrive/
The installation procedure is pretty straightforward: after downloading the file, you simply have to import the virtual appliance to your virtual machine manager/hypervisor (suggested software: Oracle VM VirtualBox). Please take a look at the README.txt file on SourceForge (also included inside the virtual disk) to see where everything is located.
Below is a comprehensive list of HoneyDrive’s features, ready to be used for promotional purposes 🙂
- Virtual appliance based on Xubuntu 12.04 Desktop.
- Distributed as a single OVA file, ready to be imported.
- Full LAMP stack installed (Apache 2, MySQL 5), plus tools such as phpMyAdmin.
- Kippo SSH Honeypot, plus Kippo-Graph, Kippo2MySQL and other helpful scripts.
- Dionaea malware honeypot, plus phpLiteAdmin and other helpful scripts.
- Honeyd low-interaction honeypot, plus Honeyd2MySQL, Honeyd-Viz and other helpful scripts.
- LaBrea sticky honeypot, Tiny Honeypot, IIS Emulator, INetSim and SimH.
- A full suite of security, forensics and anti-malware tools for network monitoring, malicious shellcode and PDF analysis, such as ntop, p0f, EtherApe, nmap, DFF, Wireshark, ClamAV, ettercap, Automater, UPX, pdftk, Flasm, pdf-parser, Pyew, dex2jar and more.
- Firefox plugins pre-installed, plus extra helpful software such as GParted, Terminator, VYM, Xpdf and more.
Finally, three screenshots from the appliance, I hope you will find them pretty!
For comments, suggestions, fixes, please use the HoneyDrive page: http://bruteforcelab.com/honeydrive